LS/FF 2011 Winner
BEST DOCUMENTARY: SPLINTERS Directed by Adam Pesce USA, 2011, 94 mins
UK Premiere. In the 80’s a pilot left behind a surfboard in a remote ocean side village in the developing nation of Papua New Guinea. This compelling story unfolds 20 years later in the months leading up to the first National Surf Championships and explores the effect that surfing has had on human relationships, inter-club tensions and the competitive spirit within this tight knit, passionate community. A gripping documentary.
- Audience Award Best Action Sports Feature; Newport Beach Film Festival 2011
- Outstanding Achievement in Filmmaking; Newport Beach Film Festival 2011
- Official Selection: Tribeca Film Festival 2011
- Best Documentary: Surfer Magazine, Surfer Poll 2011
- Best Documentary: Hawaii International Film Festival 2011
Following the screening Director ADAM PESCE, talked to VINCE MEDEIROS, producer of Rio Breaks, about the art of documentary filmmaking.